Everything Cheer!

Everything Cheer!

lazerepilastr.com satisegitmeni.com steeldoortr.com ucakbiletleri.asia kiralikjeneratorler.net

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Difficulties with a cheerleader
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Difficulties with a cheerleader

Difficulties with a cheerleader 2 years, 1 month ago #147

• vex
  • Fresh Boarder
I have one in particular that I'm at my wits end with. She absolutely refuses to listen, focus, and actually practice. I should point out that I am working with the 7/8 yr olds. In no way do I expect them to be perfect. They get plenty of water breaks, bathroom trips and we do play games with them to mix it up a little. Practices are only 2 hours which is shorter than every other squad.

Basically what I'm seeing is: whining, untying her shoes on purpose, running around out of place, lying down on the ground and rolling around, running up to the coaches out of place and messing up the front line in the process, spilling her water all over and having to go refill her bottle, every few minutes having a new "injury" hand hurts (we were clapping for sidelines) scratch on leg (old one that was healed) legs hurt (20 mins into practice) and paying attention to other squads and dancing to their music instead of being with our squad.

When I can actually get her standing up, in place, in position and cheering.... it's like she has no bones with major spaghetti arms and hunching over looking like we're torturing her.

I'm sure there's more that I missed but I think everyone gets the point. Tried talking to the mom and it's not helped. She basically made it sound like she doesn't ever act like this. It's been every practice. I really feel like she doesn't want to be here but her mom tells me how excited she is and how much she loves it.

Does anyone have Any ideas? We have tried the "we want you to be as good as those (pointing at varsity doing some stunts) cheerleaders" to being more stern to straight out yelling at her. The older squads she'd be running laps but she's just 7 so I can't do that to her. We've also tried ignoring it and that didn't work either.

I'm bringing chalk tonight to mark spots I don't think it will work for this one kid but the others should be fine. The one starts and then I have 2 others that start getting like her so we had to move them around and that's been helpful.

Re: Difficulties with a cheerleader 1 year, 7 months ago #153

Why can't she run laps or do push ups, or extra jumps, as punishment just becuase she is 7? If you let them get away with it at that age they will expect to get away with it at an older age. Has this child been tested for an attention disorder? And as far as the talk with the parent goes it sounds like to me the parent wants her to cheer not the child. Have you just sat down with the child and talked to her and asked her why she acts like she doesn't want to be there? Maybe if you are nice to her and gain her trust she will open up to you and you will learn there could be an underlying problem.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Joomla Templates: by JoomlaShack.com